SUMMER MEDICAL SPANISH PROGRAM
Como se dice “heal?”
The Medical Spanish is an enrichment program that provides academic advancement and career knowledge for undergraduate students interested in medicine.
By combining in-class exercises, specialized vocabulary and homework with medical volunteer opportunities in local clinics and hospitals students will receive specific training in class with medical terminology, patient interviews and anatomy.
The program is open to undergraduate students who have selected medicine as a career choice.
We know how to integrate language and cultural fluency right into the learning experience–and turn it into a monumental advantage.
- Gain the ability to effectively communicate with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Learn concepts, structure, protocol and medical vocabulary.
- 40 hours of conversation combined with grammar sections.
Course Calendar Summer 2018
June 11 – July 06
July 09 – August 03
Register at the MSC portal, you’ll receive an email with login instructions.
- Copy of Transcript with Spanish 101 or equivalent
- Resume with clinical background in the medical field if applicable (May be sent via email)
Due 5 days before course start
- Flight Information
- Copy of Current Valid Passport
Students should wear all white clothing for the clinical part of the course.
If you have any questions, please contact a UAG Student Advisor at 1-800-531-5494 or email@example.com.
Fees and Financial Responsibilities
The cost of the Medical Spanish Program summer course: $1,300 USD
Housing: Cost: $400 USD *(Optional)
- Room and board with a local host family.
- Three meals daily (breakfast, lunch, dinner) Monday through Friday. On the weekends, you’re on your own. Go out and explore. Take in the sites and the delicious local fare.
Deposit is due at registration: $400
You may submit a registration form without a deposit, but you will not be guaranteed a spot in the course until a deposit is received. The remaining balance will be due 1 month before your class begins.
UNIVERSIDAD AUTÓNOMA DE GUADALAJARA
110 Gallery Circle
San Antonio, TX 78258
Tel: (210) 782-9273
Toll Free: (855) 632-6537
Included in the cost:
- Certificate of completion.
- Transportation to practical sites.
5 business days before first day of classes 100% – $100
1 day of class to 5 th calendar day 50% – $100
After 5 th day of classes 0
For those who attend class and requesting a refund, a letter stating reason for withdrawal and refund request will need to be submitted. No credit or certificate will issued for those attending less than 20 classes. Dropped students are not eligible to receive refunds.
Questions? Ask. Call us at (855) 632-6537 or contact your Medical Spanish Student Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Medical Spanish Classes
Courses fill up fast. We recommend you submit your registration form and deposit as soon as possible.
Manage your registration through your MSC portal: