UAG students are able to participate in programs developed by the Curriculum
Core and Elective Rotations in U.S.A. and in Mexico. Students that participate in these programs must demonstrate the required
talent and clinical skills to work in a hospital setting. Students have
the option to apply for rotations in the U.S. starting in their third year.
CLINICAL CLERKSHIPS APPLICATION PROCESS
Download, fill out application and submit it to
- Financial Aid will contact you with information on how to complete your
loan process on time.
- Submit registration fee payment in the amount of $400.00 dollars. (Please
call the San Antonio office to make all your payments)
- Submit transcript fee payment in the amount of $30.00 dollars. (If your
application is approved your transcript will be granted automatically,
there’s NO need to request this document in person)
E-mail all required documentation to
- After you complete all the previous requirements and the School of Medicine
has approved your application, a “Letter of Good Standing”
will be issued and send to the host institution.
- If accepted, the host institution will send a provisional acceptance letter
to UAG School of Medicine.
Submit payment of Malpractice Insurance by
November 4th, 2016.
- After you have fulfilled all the above requirements and have passed all
of your courses, UAG will issue a Clearance Letter to the Host Institution.
- Host Institution will issue a Final Acceptance Letter, and you will be
able to start your program.
For January 2017 applications: Starting Date August 15, 2016 – Closing
Date October 14, 2016.
- $400 USD registration fee
- $30 USD transcript fee
Note: transcript must cover in full the semester prior to the clerkship
you are applying for, example: If you are applying for 5th semester core
clerkships, your transcript must cover all of the 4th semester subjects.
That means that your transcript will be printed at the end of the current semester.
- 5th to 8th: ($500 USD per week ) NV, AZ, PR (Ponce Health Sciences University)
- 5th to 8th: ($700 USD per week) IL, NY
- 5th to 8th: ($2,000 USD per semester) PR
- 7th and 8th ($700 USD per week) TX
- 9th and 10th: ($4,000 USD) PR
- 9th and 10th: ($24,000 USD) PR HIMA, PONCE-MENONITA w/o STEP
- 9th and 10th: ($24,000 USD) NV, AZ
- 9th and 10th: ($32,000 USD) IL, NY, TX
-All Clinical Rotations at non-affiliated hospitals: $100 USD per week
REQUIREMENTS FOR LETTER OF GOOD STANDING:
- Satisfactory completion of all courses with a passing grade in all previous
- If the student has any pending courses, the application will be rejected.
- If the student fails a course in his current semester, the process will
be on standby until extraordinary exams.
- All students assigned to U.S. hospitals must be fluent in English.
Any student who has applied for a transfer to another medical school
WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE for these programs.
- Eligibility does not necessarily confer selection.
- There will be a 30 days cancellation notice required, from the starting
date, for all requested cancellation of rotations.
Selection, assignment, evaluation, fees and requirements to the programs,
contact us at