UAG students are able to participate in programs developed by the Curriculum Committee – Core and Elective Rotations in U.S.A. and in Mexico. Students that participate in these programs must demonstrate the required talent and clinical skills to work in a hospital setting. Students have the option to apply for rotations in the U.S. starting in their third year.
CLINICAL CLERKSHIPS APPLICATION PROCESS
- Download, fill out application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid will contact you with information on how to complete your loan process on time.
- Submit registration fee payment in the amount of $400.00 dollars. (Please make all your payments at:http://downloads.uag.edu/payments/clerkships.html, You can also make your payments at the Puerto Rico offices or Guadalajara).
- Submit transcript fee payment in the amount of $50.00 dollars if the location you are applying to is requesting it. (If your application is approved your transcript will be granted automatically, there’s NO need to request this document in person).
- E-mail all required documentation to email@example.com.
- After you complete all the previous requirements and the School of Medicine has approved your application, a “Letter of Good Standing” will be issued and send to the host institution.
- If accepted, the host institution will send a provisional acceptance letter to UAG School of Medicine.
- ONCE ACCEPTED – Submit payment of Malpractice Insurance $800.00 USD by November 30th, 2017. (Malpractice Insurance payment is not refundable and this can’t be paid with your student loans, please plan accordingly).
- After you have fulfilled all the above requirements and have passed all of your courses, UAG will issue a Clearance Letter to the Host Institution.
- Host Institution will issue a Final Acceptance Letter, and you will be able to start your program.
For January 2018 applications: Starting Date August 14, 2017 – Closing Date November 10, 2017.
-$400 USD registration fee
– $50 USD transcript fee (only if the location you are applying to is requesting it).
Note: transcript must cover in full the semester prior to the clerkship you are applying for, example: If you are applying for 5th semester core clerkships, your transcript must cover all of the 4th semester subjects. That means that your transcript will be printed at the end of the current semester.
- 5th to 8th: ($500 USD per week ) NV, AZ, PR (Ponce Health Sciences University)
- 5th to 8th: ($700 USD per week) IL, NY
- 5th to 8th: ($2,000 USD per semester) PR
- 7th and 8th ($700 USD per week) TX
- 9th and 10th: ($4,000 USD) PR
- 9th and 10th: ($24,000 USD) PR HIMA, PONCE-MENONITA w/o STEP
- 9th and 10th: ($24,000 USD) NV, AZ
- 9th and 10th: ($32,000 USD) IL, NY, TX
-All Clinical Rotations at non-affiliated hospitals: $100 USD per week
REQUIREMENTS FOR LETTER OF GOOD STANDING:
– Satisfactory completion of all courses with a passing grade in all previous semesters.
- If the student has any pending courses, the application will be rejected.
- If the student fails a course in his current semester, the process will be on standby until extraordinary exams.
- All students assigned to U.S. hospitals must be fluent in English.
- Any student who has applied for a transfer to another medical school WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE for these programs.
- Eligibility does not necessarily confer selection.
- There will be a 30 days cancellation notice required, from the starting date, for all requested cancellation of rotations.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students (no exceptions).
- The starting date is a final set date with no exemptions to modify.
Selection, assignment, evaluation, fees and requirements to the programs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org