Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine has two entering classes per year: January and August.
Applicants from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico must meet all the basic pre-medical requirements necessary for entrance into a U.S. Medical School.
Admissions Application Checklist
Each applicant must have the equivalent of 90 semester credit hours. A baccalaureate degree is not required but strongly recommended. The applicant must have completed the following courses:
FOR U.S. AND CANADA
- » One year of Biology
- » One year of Organic Chemistry
- » One year of Inorganic Chemistry
- » One year of Physics
- » One year of Mathematics
- » One year of English
FOR PUERTO RICO
- » 8 semester credit hours of Biology
- » 8 semester credit hours of Physics
- » 8 semester credit hours of General or Inorganic Chemistry
- » 8 semester credit hours of Organic Chemistry
- » 6 semester credit hours in Social Sciences (Sociology, Psychology, Political Sciences, Economy or Anthropology)
- » 12 semester credit hours of Spanish
- » 12 semester credit hours of English
STATEMENT: By employing the broadest range of evaluation criteria, the Admissions Department will present qualified applicants to the Admissions Committee.
There are two phases of documentation when applying
- Online enrollment application UAG Portal.
- $75 application fee (nonrefundable fee)
- Unofficial copy of college transcript(s)
- Unofficial MCAT scores. Exam must have been taken within the last three years
- 2 to 10 page typewritten autobiography
- A composite letter of recommendation from your premedical committee or 2 letters from your college science professors (addressed to Admissions Committee).
- 2 identical passport size full-face photos, with white to off-white background, taken in casual attire, on photographic paper, not scanned
- Student Background Check US Applicants use code: WXYCK-99264. Puerto Rico Applicants use code:GGXRP-39773
Applies only to those invited to interview and consists of:
- Original birth certificate*
- Official high school transcript(s)**
- Copy high school diploma**
- Official college transcripts (from every institution attended)
- Official MCAT scores. Exam must have been taken within the last three years
* With Apostille only.
(Acquired through the Secretary of State from the state in which the documents originated.)
** With notarization and Apostille seal.
Note: An admissions counselor will provide instructions for legalizing documents from countries other than the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant at any stage of the admissions process.
||Puerto Rican Students
|110 Gallery Circle
San Antonio, TX 78258
Tel: (210) 366-1611
Fax: (210) 377-2975
Toll Free: (800) 531-5494
|654 Muñoz Rivera Ave. Ste. 1124
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918-4133
Tel. (787) 763-2457
Fax. (787) 753-0760
Toll Free: (800) 981-9925 (Isla)
Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara | School of Medicine
Av. Patria 1201, Lomas del Valle, 3a. Sección, Apartado Postal 1-440, C.P. 44100, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México
Derechos Reservados ©. Esta obra y las características de la misma,
son propiedad de la Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara A.C. Zapopan, Jalisco, MÉXICO. Restricciones de Aplicación
Please report any problems with website to