Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine has two entering classes per year: January and August.
Applicants from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico must meet all the basic pre-medical requirements necessary for entrance into a U.S. Medical School.
Admissions Application Checklist
Each applicant must have the equivalent of 90 semester credit hours. A baccalaureate degree is not required but strongly recommended. The applicant must have completed the following courses:
FOR U.S. AND CANADA
- » One year of Biology
- » One year of Organic Chemistry
- » One year of Inorganic Chemistry
- » One year of Physics
- » One year of Mathematics
- » One year of English
FOR PUERTO RICO
- » 8 semester credit hours of Biology
- » 8 semester credit hours of Physics
- » 8 semester credit hours of General or Inorganic Chemistry
- » 8 semester credit hours of Organic Chemistry
- » 6 semester credit hours in Social Sciences (Sociology, Psychology, Political Sciences, Economy or Anthropology)
- » 12 semester credit hours of Spanish
- » 12 semester credit hours of English
STATEMENT: By employing the broadest range of evaluation criteria, the Admissions Department will present qualified applicants to the Admissions Committee.
There are two phases of documentation when applying
- Online enrollment application UAG Portal.
- $75 application fee in check or money order payable to UAG
- Unofficial copy of college transcript(s)
- Unofficial MCAT scores. Exam must have been taken within the last three years
- 2 to 10 page typewritten autobiography
- A composite letter of recommendation from your premedical committee or 2 letters from your college science professors (addressed to Admissions Committee).
- 2 identical passport size full-face photos, with white to off-white background, taken in casual attire, on photographic paper, not scanned
- Student Background Check US Applicants use code: WXYCK-99264. Puerto Rico Applicants use code:GGXRP-39773
Applies only to those invited to interview and consists of:
- Original birth certificate*
- Official high school transcript(s)**
- Copy high school diploma**
- Official college transcripts (from every institution attended
- Official MCAT scores. Exam must have been taken within the last three years
* With Apostille only.
(Acquired through the Secretary of State from the state in which the documents originated.)
** With notarization and Apostille seal.
Note: An admissions counselor will provide instructions for legalizing documents from countries other than the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Send your application and documentation to:
||Puerto Rican Students
|110 Gallery Circle
San Antonio, TX 78258
Tel: (210) 366-1611
Fax: (210) 377-2975
Toll Free: (800) 531-5494
|654 Muñoz Rivera Ave. Ste. 1124
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918-4133
Tel. (787) 763-2457
Fax. (787) 753-0760
Toll Free: (800) 981-9925 (Isla)
Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara | School of Medicine
Av. Patria 1201, Lomas del Valle, 3a. Sección, Apartado Postal 1-440, C.P. 44100, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México
Derechos Reservados ©. Esta obra y las características de la misma,
son propiedad de la Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara A.C. Zapopan, Jalisco, MÉXICO. Restricciones de Aplicación
Please report any problems with website to