Welcome, UAG international students!
The International Affairs Student Office will assist you during your time at The Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara. We are here to help you navigate the rules and regulations of attending university in México.
We hope you enjoy your time here! You are always welcome in the Office of International Students.
International Student Affairs Office (in Spanish: Dirección de Asuntos Estudiantiles Internacionales. DAEI ), is located on the Main Campus on the lower level of the President’s Building (Rectoría).
This office encompasses a variety of student services designed to provide the necessary support and enrichment for the UAG student campus life:
• Enrollment Services
• Student Life Services
• Immigration issues and visa information
• Academic Services and Registrar office
It is highly recommended that all students report to ISAO a few days before Orientation between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This time is allocated to handle any immigration or academic issues that might arise prior to Orientation registration.
Since its establishment, UAG has stressed a specific dress code that is in agreement with its fundamental policies and rules. Therefore, our students should understand that as part of their integral medical education an appropriate way of dressing and personal appearance is not only of benefit to them, but also to their future training and to the care of patients. Print dress code.
Tall and large sizes are difficult to find in Mexico – larger shoe sizes are also difficult to find. It is recommended that these items be purchased before leaving the U.S.
All items may be purchased in Guadalajara. We advise you do not ship any of these items. Print medical equipment list.
Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara (UAG) advises all medical students to ensure their immunization record is up to date.
Medical Regulations provided in Mexico by Secretaría de Salubridad y Asistencia (SSA) and in USA by OSHA requires all medical students to submit proof of their immunization status during participation in clinical practice and enrollment in most hospitals in Mexico, USA and Puerto Rico.
* Immunizations should be done before arriving to Mexico. If done in Mexico, it’s up to the student to find a hospital or public clinic to obtain the immunizations before orientation. Cost of vaccination in Guadalajara is approximately $50 dollars a shot*
Insurance is not provided by UAG. UAG represents 3rd party insurance company. *More detailed information will be given at Orientation*
• Insurance doesn’t cover all medical expenses and waiting periods for some issues are needed.
• Waiting period issues examples are: 10 months for childbirth, 2 years for circumcision, nose, knee, hemorrhoids, tonsils and adenoids among others. 4 years for AIDS as long as the virus incubates after this period.
• Reimbursements and direct payments can be made directly to schedule a surgery by filing the required paperwork with the insurance UAG office.
• Does not include eye or dentist coverage, annual checkups, cosmetic surgeries or previous medical issues.
• Covers all Mexican Republic and Urgent Care in the United States.
Getting a place to live is as important as your registration for school. The UAG School of Medicine helps our first semester students find housing through Real Estate Agencies or a useful International housing website that helps you rent a place fast and easy.
The following links will help you accomplish this step toward organizing your new life in Guadalajara and get yourself ready to focus on the primary goal: your classes!
The international student housing platform:
Real Estate Agencies:
The following addresses will be helpful in your search for housing:
|INSTITUTO DE CIENCIAS BIOLÓGICAS (ICB) – Classes first two years||MAIN CAMPUS (CIUDAD UNIVERSITARIA) – ISAO Office|
|Privada Dr. Fernando Banda 26Lomas del Valle,
|Av. Patria 1201Lomas del Valle,
The Sports and Recreation Center includes: Olympic swimming pool and diving pit, Gymnasium for multiple uses 4 outdoor basketball courts, Soccer Stadium, Baseball Stadium, Football Stadium, Beach Volleyball Stadium, 6 Soccer Fields, 8 Tennis Courts, Fronton-Squash-Racquetball Courts, Weight gym, Aerobics Room, Scuba Diving, and more.
The Sports and Recreation Center provide a wide variety of options for you to engage yourself, meet new people, and explore all that the UAG has to offer!
For more information visit UAG Deportes
Student Orientation is mandatory for all new students. Essential information will be provided.
Need help? Contact our offices
|International Students Affairs Office (ISAO)||Admissions Office||Financial Aid Office|
|Registrar and Immigration Office
Phone: (210) 366-1611
|Financial Aid Director