Welcome to UAG School of Medicine
Congratulations on your acceptance to the UAG School of Medicine!
This comprehensive orientation includes information to ease your transition to Medical School, introduce you to campus services, and involvement opportunities, and show you just how much UAG has to offer. It will be our privilege to work with you over the course of your medical education.
The International Students Affairs Office (ISAO) will assist the new students in gaining knowledge of UAG student support, services, academic life, and the transition to UAG and México lifestyle.
The office of ISAO will be your primary point of contact for administrative matters as you enter the School of Medicine and make your way through medical school.
Pre-orientation compliance requirements:
- Set up your “MyUAG Portal”
- Sign up for Orientation
- Financial Aid refund preferences
- Get student VISA from a Mexican consulate in the US
- Explore your options for housing
- Obtain your UAG e-mail account
Contact your admissions counselor to ensure you are ready!
Orientation is designed to help you familiarize yourself with the tools you need to succeed and to help facilitate your transition and integration into the medical school and prepare for their first semester.
Orientation is a virtual program full of information and learning that is critical to your success as a new First-Time student.
You can expect to:
- Learn about academic policies and requirements.
- Be more familiar with the academic and support resources that are available to you to help you to succeed.
- Learn about involvement opportunities.
- Meet the Academic Directors and Staff.
Welcome Picnic is an event that helps new students integrate into their new environment and also meet other students.
This is a perfect time for students from all semesters to meet and purchase textbooks sold by upper-class students. You will be able to enjoy the food sponsored by the Students Associations.