Meeting Basic Pre-Medical Requirements
Applicants from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico must meet all the basic pre-medical requirements necessary for entrance into a U.S. Medical School. Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine has two entering classes per year January and July. Visit or download the UAG Admissions Application Checklist.
A baccalaureate degree is not required but strongly recommended, therefore applicants to UAG Medical School must have the equivalent of 90 semester credit hours to be considered for admissions, and the following courses must be completed at a college or university.
For U.S. Canada and Puerto Rico
- One year of Biology
- One year of Physics
- One year of Organic Chemistry
- One year of General or Inorganic Chemistry
- One year of English
- One year of Mathematics
*Puerto Rico applicants: if applying with 90 semester credit hours you are subject to comply with the JLDMPR requirements.
- Online enrollment application UAG Portal
- $75 application fee (nonrefundable fee)
- Copy of birth certificate
- Official college transcript(s) (from every institution attended)
- Official MCAT scores (Exam must have been taken within the last three years)
- 2 to 3 page typewritten personal statement
- A composite letter of recommendation from your premedical committee or 2 letters from your college science professors (addressed to Admissions Committee)
- 1 passport size full-face photo, with white to off-white background
- Resume with information on educational background since High School, extracurricular activities and awards
- Copy of valid passport
- Student Background Check US Applicants use code: WXYCK-99264. Puerto Rico Applicants use code: GGXRP-39773
About the MCAT:
Our admissions committee understands that many external examinations have been canceled or postponed during this pandemic. We will be flexible in the application review processes to ensure equity and mitigate the effects of delayed MCAT score delivery in our admissions process. There are additional MCAT test dates that are still available. Please plan to reschedule your test as soon as possible.
July 2021 applicants can be reviewed for admission without an MCAT score. Recent DOE guidance permits waiving the MCAT requirement. Applicants who have already taken and received scores for the MCAT are encouraged to submit their scores.
Phase 2 “Applies only to those invited to interview and consists of”:
- Original birth certificate*
- Official high school transcript(s)** (GED is not accepted in lieu of High School)
- Copy of high school diploma**
* With Apostille only (Acquired through the Secretary of State from the state in which the documents originated)
** With notarization and Apostille seal
Note: An admissions counselor will provide instructions for legalizing documents from countries other than the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant and decline admissions at any stage of the process.
Statement: By employing the broadest range of evaluation criteria, the Admissions Department will present qualified applicants to the Admissions Committee.