Meeting Basic Pre-Medical Requirements
Applicants from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico must meet all the basic pre-medical requirements necessary for entrance into a U.S. Medical School. Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine has two entering classes per year January and July. The application has a non-refundable fee of $75.00 USD. Start your application by visiting UAG SOM.
Visit or download the UAG Admissions Application Checklist.
A baccalaureate degree is strongly recommended but is not required, therefore applicants to UAG Medical School must have the equivalent of 90 semester credit hours to be considered for admissions.
Applicants from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico must meet all the basic pre-medical requirements necessary for entrance into a U.S. Medical School. All pre-medical requirements must have been completed at an accredited US or Canadian University / College.
One year of Biology with Lab
One year of Physics with Lab
One year of Organic Chemistry with Lab
One year of General or Inorganic Chemistry with Lab
One year of Mathematics (Calculus, Computer Science, or Statistics)
One year of English
Each required course must be completed. Courses taken Pass/Fail or Credit/No Credit will not count towards meeting the requirement.
*Puerto Rico applicants: if applying with 90 semester credit hours you are subject to comply with the JLDMPR requirements.
Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
All applicants (US and Canadian) must submit an MCAT score as part of their application.
Next Steps After Submission
Make sure to complete all of the necessary post-submission procedures and documents listed in the Next Steps After Submission.
The following documentation is needed to comply with the U.S. educational system and needed to verify the student’s eligibility to register with the Mexican Department of Education.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Official college transcript(s) (from every institution attended)
- Official MCAT scores (Exam must have been taken within the last three years)
- 2 to 3 page typewritten personal statement
- A composite letter of recommendation from your premedical committee or 2 letters from your college science professors (addressed to Admissions Committee)
- 1 passport size full-face photo, with white to off-white background
- Resume with information on educational background since High School, extracurricular activities and awards
- Copy of valid passport
- Student Background Check US Applicants use code: WXYCK-99264. Puerto Rico Applicants use code: GGXRP-39773
Candidates will receive an email invitation from the admissions office to schedule an interview and to complete the secondary documentation.
- Original birth certificate*
- Official high school transcript(s)** (GED is not accepted in lieu of High School)
- Copy of high school diploma**
* With Apostille only (Acquired through the Secretary of State from the state in which the documents originated)
** With notarization and Apostille seal
Note: An admissions counselor will provide instructions for legalizing documents from countries other than the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant and decline admissions at any stage of the process.
Statement: By employing the broadest range of evaluation criteria, the Admissions Department will present qualified applicants to the Admissions Committee.