Applicants from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico must meet all the basic pre-medical requirements necessary for entrance into a U.S. Medical School. Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine has two entering classes per year January and July. Visit or download the UAG Admissions Application Checklist
A baccalaureate degree is not required but strongly recommended, therefore applicants to UAG Medical School must have the equivalent of 90 semester credit hours to be considered for admissions, and the following courses must be completed at a college or university.
FOR U.S. AND CANADA
FOR PUERTO RICO
*These requirements apply to Puerto Rico students starting undergraduate after November 2016.
Statement: By employing the broadest range of evaluation criteria, the Admissions Department will present qualified applicants to the Admissions Committee.
- Online enrollment application UAG Portal
- $75 application fee (nonrefundable fee)
- Copy of birth certificate
- Unofficial copy of college transcript(s)
- Official MCAT scores (Exam must have been taken within the last three years)
- 2 to 3 page typewritten personal statement
- A composite letter of recommendation from your premedical committee or 2 letters from your college science professors (addressed to Admissions Committee)
- 1 passport size full-face photo, with white to off-white background
- Resume with information on educational background since High School, extracurricular activities and awards
- Student Background Check US Applicants use code: WXYCK-99264. Puerto Rico Applicants use code:GGXRP-39773
Phase 2 “Applies only to those invited to interview and consists of”:
- Original birth certificate*
- Official high school transcript(s)** (GED is not accepted in lieu of High School)
- Copy of high school diploma**
- Official college transcripts (from every institution attended)
* With Apostille only (Acquired through the Secretary of State from the state in which the documents originated)
** With notarization and Apostille seal
Note: An admissions counselor will provide instructions for legalizing documents from countries other than the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant and decline admissions at any stage of the process.
If you have any questions, about anything, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re here to make this process easier any way we can. UAG enrollment office 1-800-531-5494 or email@example.com