The 2021 Medical Student Research Day was held in-person on Thursday, October 28, 2021.
Medical Student Research Day is designed to highlight the breadth of research and scholarly activity that medical students have accomplished during their education at UAG School of Medicine.
Second year medical students were invited to showcase their work through the publication of abstracts and poster sessions. Students presented a broad range of research interests and disciplines, including basic and translational science, clinical research, health policy and public health research, and education-related research.
A total of 25 research projects were exhibited in front of faculty, staff, and colleagues ranging on subjects such as:
- A Systematic Review of the effectiveness of monoclonal antibodies against COVID-19 patients.
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Depression and Psychiatric Impairment Presented in Parkinson Patients.
- Novel techniques in the treatment of endometriosis and its role on fertility.
- Combined therapy is the most effect treatment for non-small Cell Lung Cancer.
- A New Hope for HIV vaccines.
Congratulations to all the 2021 Medical Student Research Day participants!