This program applies to students starting before 2014
An undergraduate rotating internship (supervised clinical training) where students gain further clinical experience and competence at a university hospital or affiliated institution. This fifth year can be done in Mexico, USA or in Puerto Rico.
PRE-INTERNSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
- Rotations in US download application and submit it to email@example.com, if you are applying for rotations in Mexico please download this version and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid will contact you with information on how to complete your loan process on time.
- Submit transcript fee payment in the amount of $50.00 dollars if the location you are applying to is requesting it. (If your application is approved your transcript will be granted automatically, there’s NO need to request this document in person)
- E-mail all required documentation to email@example.com.
- After you complete all the previous requirements and the School of Medicine has approved your application, a “Letter of Good Standing” will be issued and send to the host institution.
- If accepted, the host institution will send a provisional acceptance letter to UAG School of Medicine.
- ONCE ACCEPTED – Submit payment of Malpractice Insurance $800.00 USD by November 22, 2019. (Malpractice Insurance payment is not refundable and this can’t be paid with your students loans, please plan accordingly).
- After you have fulfilled all the above requirements and have passed all of your courses, UAG will issue a Clearance Letter to the Host Institution.
- Host Institution will issue a Final Acceptance Letter, and you will be able to start your program.
For January 2020 application: Starting Date August 26th, 2019 – Closing Date October 25th, 2019.
– $50 USD transcript fee (only if the location you are applying to is requesting it)
Note: transcript must cover in full the semester prior to the clerkship you are applying for, example: If you are applying for 5th semester core clerkships, your transcript must cover all of the 4th semester subjects. That means that your transcript will be printed at the end of the current semester.
- 5th to 8th: ($700 USD per week ) NV, AZ, IL, NY, TX
- 5th to 8th: ($500 USD per week) PR (Ponce Health Sciences University, Hospital Menonita Guayama)
- 5th to 8th: ($2,000 USD per semester) PR
- 9th and 10th: ($4,000 USD) PR
- 9th and 10th: ($24,000 USD) PR HIMA, PONCE-MENONITA w/o STEP
- 9th and 10th: ($32,000 USD) NV, AZ, IL, NY, TX
-All Clinical Rotations at non-affiliated hospitals: $100 USD per week
REQUIREMENTS FOR LETTER OF GOOD STANDING:
Satisfactory completion of all courses with a passing grade in all previous semesters.
- If the student has any pending courses, the application will be rejected.
- If the student fails a course in his current semester, the process will be on standby until extraordinary exams.
- All students assigned to U.S. hospitals must be fluent in English.
- Any student who has applied for a transfer to another medical school WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE for these programs.
- Eligibility does not necessarily confer selection.
- There is a 30 day cancellation notice required before the starting date, all requests after the first day of rotations will be penalized.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students (no exceptions).
- The starting date is a final set date with no exception to modify.
A student completing the Internado (Pre-Internship) program will receive a Certificate of Completion. A copy of this Certificate, along with all of the necessary additional documents, is sent to UAG medical school in order to provide the required documentation for your Título. UAG will mail a copy of the Título and final transcript with translation to ECFMG.
The Título will be verified by the school to ECFMG for your ECFMG Certification. Once you have your ECFMG Certification, you will be eligible to enter Residency (you must provide this certification to your residency director in order to begin your residency).