Healthcare Simulation Center
UAG School of Medicine Healthcare Simulation Center help the students to mirror real-life inpatient spaces, operating rooms, and ambulatory settings. The simulation-based education, is a powerful tool for reinforcing clinical knowledge, improving team communication, and teaching decision-making skills.
These experiential immersive environment promote critical thinking and teamwork, as students interact with advanced, full-body simulation mannequins that provide real-time physiological responses and feedback, making it a powerful tool for hands-on training before, during and after learners are introduced to real clinical settings and patients.
- ER/OR: Suites are equipped with a fully functional emergency room or operating room.
- ICU/Ward rooms: Typical hospital room with wall hook-ups for medical gases and suction, and a sink for proper hand sanitation.
- L&D: Labor and Delivery room is fully furnished with an obstetrics bed, a fetal heart monitor, and exam lights.
- Simulation Control Rooms: Each control room is separated from the scenario room by a one-way mirror.
- Audio/Visual Recording System.
- Women’s and man’s adult upper and lower torso
- Venous & Arterial Access Trainers
- Airway & CPR
- Virtual dissection tables
- High fidelity adult patient simulator (Male and Female)
- High fidelity infant patient simulator (Children and Baby)
The center offers a curriculum of scheduled courses along with customized simulation education program, equipment and scenarios, including high-fidelity simulators and high-tech audiovisual equipment for playback and debriefing.