BIENVENIDOS PRE-MED ADVISORS AND PROFESSORS!
We anticipate that UAG School of Medicine’s portal dedicated to pre-medical advisors will facilitate your job in advising your students. We hope that this section will serve as a comprehensive tool as you provide guidance and advice to your students on their medical school opportunities. As you explore the information below you will get a better understanding on how we design our curriculum for our students.
Year 01 ms1
Anatomy, cell and molecular biology. Ethics and pathology. Neuroscience. immunology.
* You’ll begin working with patients during the first year, through our Program of Medicine in the Community, that’s been providing quality medical care to local under-served communities.
** Attend the required USMLE Seminars, per semester provided by USMLE COACHING SERVICES at UAG.
Year 02 ms2
Serious Learning. All the critical core learning that you’ll need to know in order to pass the USMLE Step 1.
° Start USMLE registration through ECFMG on IWA (Interactive Web Applications)
* Self-assessments are provide to medical students and graduates through the NBME Self Assessment Services interactive site.
° Take USMLE 1 before starting your clinical years is the most recommended to obtain your MD degree.
Year 03 ms3
After Step 1. Clinical years can be done in Mexico. U.S. or Puerto Rico.
It will be demanding, to say the least family medicine. pediatrics, and general surgery. Trauma tology. otorhinolaryngology. endocrinology. This is where our rigorous program will really test you. In these final years, all the studying, practicing, and researching becomes nearly 100% experiential.
Year 04 ms4
Knowledge. From experience comes understanding.
Completion of the UAG curriculum, passing the USMLE Step I, USMLE II CK (Clinical Knowledge) and USMLE II CS (Clinical Skills). You’ll be eligible for Graduate Medical Education (ACCME) approved postgraduate residency program.
Applying to Residencies with ERAS® Get ready for graduation and complete requirements for residency.
Over 30,000 positions at more than 4.800 residency programs across the United States.
Need help? Contact our Enrollment Offices
We have a group of enrollment counselors that visit your area; they can assist you in some of the following ways:
- Setup a consultation to answer your questions and provide you with a presentation and materials of the 4 year program.
- Organize and host informational sessions for aspiring medical students in your area, or speak to student organizations, clubs, and classes.
- Answer any questions students have about UAG, including our admissions process, curriculum, and student life.
110 Gallery Circle
|110 Gallery Circle, San Antonio, TX 78257
|654 Muñoz Rivera Ave. Ste. 1124, San Juan, PR 00918-4133